Universal Cranes provided another comprehensive lifting solution for the Hunter Expressway project.
Client: Thiess Pty Ltd
Project: Hunter Expressway Alliance, New South Wales
Scope: Provision of 600t Crawler Crane and 250t Crawler Crane for placement of Steel Box Girders and Precast Beams
The Hunter Expressway project will provide a new dual carriageway between the F3 and the New England Highway near Branxton. The project will provide six strategic interchanges along the route to service local communities and provide significant traffic relief to the New England Highway between Weakleys Drive and Branxton.
Universal Cranes was contracted to provide transport and heavy lift craneage on the F3 Interchange for Thiess. This required local site transport and placement of four steel box griders to 140t Mass, and three precast concrete beams to 89 tonne mass.
A CC2800-1 600t Crawler Crane with 300t Superlift Ballast was supplied for initial beam placement as a single crane lift. Box girders were then relocated in a dual crane lift with a CKE2500-2 250t Crawler Crane, also supplied by Universal Cranes.
The CC2800-1 was rigged with a 72m Main Boom in Superlift Lift (SSL) for the main lifting.
The Universal Cranes scope included:
- Supply of Heavy Rigging Gear.
- Mobilisation and Rigging of the CC2800-1 and CKE2500-2.
- Execution of Heavy Lifts.
- Provision of Craneage and Skilled Labour.
- Heavy lift engineering and autocad lift studies
Key Equipment Utilised:
- 4 x 8 Jinker / 4 x 8 Float – Fitted with Support Beams
- Demag CC2800-1 Crawler Crane
- Kobelco CKE2500-2 Crawler Crane